When you try to Install a new app from Windows app store, You Might see Error code 0x87AF0813. Error appears not just while installing a new app on your device, but also when you try to update existing apps from the store. To fix this issue, there is some methods that might help you.
There are many reasons that can cause this error code to appear but the most common ones are:
- Internet Connectivity Issue.
- Pending Update.
- Not Enough Storage on your Device,
Basic Troubleshooting for 0x87AF0813 Error On PC
- Check/Switch your Internet Connection
- Use Windows App Troubleshooter.
- Disable Windows Firewall.
- Disable Third party Antivirus Programs.
Fixing Windows Store error 0x87AF0813
Now, let us know some basic troubleshooting that you can do. You can start with method 1 and skip to the next if the earlier one doesn’t work.
Method 1:Update your Phone
- See to it there is no Pending updates available for your phone OS. Many a times out dated Device because house for various error codes. An up to date system makes sure that you are up to date and not behind every one else.
- So in this method, Simply go to Settings, Then Scroll down and tap Update and security. Now tap on Phone update. If you see any update available, Just download the update.
- Check windows store again try downloading the app which was throwing 0x87AF0813 error on your screen.
Method 2: Check/Change Internet Connection
- Check your internet connectivity. Make sure you have strong Connectivity without any interruptions.
- Switch your internet connection from Data connection to Wifi. For eg: if you are currently using Data connection on your device and facing error 0x87AF0813,
- Then Switch to Wifi Connection and see if this solves the problem. And if you are already on Wifi Connection, then switch to mobile Data connection.
Method 3: Verify Enough Space on your Device.
Your Device must have Enough free space available to Download a new app or to Update existing apps. So just go to storage and see if there is enough free internal space on your device. Remember to Download apps in Internal Storage only, if you have Download new apps in SD Card option enabled, then go and change that. Many apps requires you to Download and install them in Internal Storage only.
Method 4: Backup, Reset and Restore.
- Resetting your Device is the ultimate solution now. To be Safe you will need to backup your data so that you don’t loose them while resetting your device.
- Resetting will Wipe your data so its Better to Learn How to Backup your Data before Reset and How to Restore it after Reset. You can learn this HERE.