Here of another quick solution on how to fix windows 10 activation failed with error code 0x803f7001. The activation error you may be receiving after operating in windows 10, That would give you the error alert of error code 0x803f7001.
There are still a lot of error messages related to Windows 10 activation and updating and people are having issues with their activation keys, even the ones who have moved to Windows 10 after legally owning a Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 copy.
Since is an apparent activation issue there were two different methods we’re going to go through to hopefully resolve your issue.
Fix windows 10 activation failed with error code 0x803f7001
Method 1: Upgrade it from previous version of windows
You’ve upgraded it from windows 8 or Windows 7 we’re going to try to change the product key and we’re going to put our product key that we had in our previous version of windows. as you should have hopefully have done you should have written down your product key before upgrading. so if you do have your product key from your previous versioan of windows available, follow this steps:
- Go to Start menu and then click Settings.
- Click update and security.
- Click Activation tab.
- Click on change product key tab. Click on yes if you receive a user account control windows.
- At this point you can enter whatever product key you had in your previous version of windows.
If you are still getting an activation error , Follow the second method.
Method 2: Call Microsoft Directly
- Go back to Start button and right click on it, then click on Run. or Keep holding Windows key and Press R key to open up Run Command.
- Then type SLUI space and then number 4 ( slui 4 ) and then hit enter or click OK.
- At this point you want to select whatever your country or region is. and then select next. (However, once you insert the region, and there is no tool free number available for your call. you just looking for another region or insert another region, with the tool free number is available.)
- At this point you just enter the confirmation ID and then you would be directed to call Microsoft directly and they will give you numbers to insert.
- You will also have to read out your Confirmation ID out loud just to double check whether you typed it in properly.
- Click on the Activate button which should resolve all issues regarding your Windows OS.
- Don’t forget to restart your computer just in case! and once that is done hopefully your computer will be activated.
Note: This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. If the issue is with your computer or a laptop/notebook, you should try using Reimage Plus which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. download Reimage by Clicking Here