Error code 0x800704cf, specially Windows 7 and 10 users. Whenever they try to access Network PC. For windows 10 users, the same error arises with Workgroup. This error code is often related to users’ home networks and it manifests itself through the unavailability of other PCs connected to the same network.
The pop up message says “”Error code 0x800704cf. the network location cannot be reached” and users are unable to connect to other PCs. The error may be irritating as it prevents you from accessing Network PC to share files or do any other tasks.
Let’s try the following methods, which method worked for you to fix this Error.
Fix Error code 0x800704cf
Method 1: Uninstall Network Adapters.
Drivers can be easily reinstalled so it’s the best if you simply uninstall all network adapters and let Windows install them again.
- Search your PC for “Device Manager.” or click Start and type Run. Select Run,Type “devmgmt.msc” in the run box and click OK button. This is to open Device Manager Window.
- Click on View and select “Show Hidden Devices“.
- In Device Manager, Expand Network Adapter to see a list of Adapters on your PC. Now Uninstall them all One by one. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” and click OK button.
- Next, Click on Action and Select “Scan for Hardware changes“
Done with this Method of Uninstalling and Installing Network Adapters. You should have most probably fixed the error code 0x800704cf on your system.
Method 2: Uncheck Client for Microsoft Network
This error message was bugging quite a lot of people but To fix 0x800704cf error on your system, you simply need to uncheck the Client for Microsoft network Option. Which in many case have solved the error code problem for many users.
- Right Click on Network icon from taskbar and click on “Open Network and sharing center.” or you can even search your PC for Open Network and Sharing Center.
- .Once the Windows opens up, Click on Change Adapter settings from the left pane.
- A new dialog box should appear, with all Network Connections, Right click on your Network Adaptor (Wi-Fi) and select Properties. Properties dialog will show up.
- Now Uncheck very first option which should be Client for Microsot Network and click OK. and restart the computer.