Error Code 0xc00d36c4 on windows operating system. This error is shown when you try to Play Music or Videos from your DVD or Phone Connected Over USB. as shown in the image below.
In Most Cases, 0xc00d36c4 Error appears while Playing MP4 Files. Some may have difficulties playing other file formats too. Many Users have Reported that they see this error when they try to play files that are Created by them. Videos Created through GoPro or Smartphones.
Users using Windows Media Player, Xbox music or Groove have reported to have this Error quite often. So, If you are someone who likes to Create videos or Edit them yourself but having this error while playing it.
Reasons for Error Code 0xc00d36c4
- Media Player Doesn’t support file Format.
- Wrong Codec.
- Corrupt File
There are few more reasons, but these 3 are the popular ones. Now let us see how to fix Error 0xc00d36c4 While Playing Music or Video Files. Here is few solutions to fix this Error Code 0xc00d36c4. That might just help you get out of trouble.
Fixing Error Code 0xc00d36c4
Solution 1: Download VLC Media Player.
- Video lAN’s VLC Media Player can Play any file format that exists they Said, Well Said. The First thing that you want to do for Fixing 0xc00d36c4 Error is to get VLC Media Player and Install it.
- Now Open the file with VLC Media Player that was Throwing Error message. You will be surprised to see that your video is running smoothly.
- Or Download it from the Official Website Here OR, Go to Windows app store and get it from there. If you are already Using VLC and still getting the error.
Solution 2: Correct the Codec
Have Created the Video by yourself and you are unable to play them, then chances are you have wrong Codec. To Correct them, you will need a Program like Video Converter to convert your video to better Codec.
- Get the Program, Install it and Browse through the file with the 0xc00d36c4 problem, Now Convert the file to some other format. Like if your file is in .avi format, then convert it into Mp4 Format.
You can now play the file with your favorite Media player without any issues. we recommend to try and play it with VLC Media Player.