Lot of Users in Recent times are facing Error code 0x800f081f while trying to install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 on a computer that is running Windows operating system.
This error code can occur of the following conditions:
- The user who tries to install the feature does not have at least READ access to the location and to the files.
- The set of installation files is corrupted, incomplete, or invalid for the version of Windows that you are running.
- The location that is specified by the path does not contain the files that are required to install the feature.
More Information, These errors may occur when you use an installation wizard, the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool, or Windows PowerShell commands to enable the .NET Framework 3.5.
Fixing Error Code 0x800F081F .NET Framework 3.5
Before performing methode 1, you need to have “windows” installation media or an ISO image for your windows. And you need to put the windows installation media into your computer, or mount the windows ISO image in your system. you also need to replace the <drive> in the command line with the drive letter for the installation media or the ISo drive.
Methode 1: Enable the .NET Framework 3.5 feature using DISM
- 1) Put the Windows installation media into your computer, or mount the Windows ISO image in your system.
- 2) Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard. Then type “cmd“.
- 3) Right-click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator“.
- 4) Type “Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:<DRIVE>:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess” and press Enter on your keyboard. (Note that you need to replace the <DRIVE> here with the drive letter for the installation media drive or the ISO drive.)
- 5) Try installing .NET Framework 3.5 and see if the error disappears.
Methode 2: Configure Group Policy
- On keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R key.
- .Type “gpedit.msc” and press OK.
- Go to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System.
- Double click: Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair.
- Select Enabled. Then click OK.
- Try installing .NET Framework 3.5. If this method works for you, you won’t see the error again. Otherwise, you should try the method below.