Error 963 google play store, Recently Android Users are getting this error. Users are getting Error 936 while downloading or updating any app from Google Play store. If you are using android based smartphones this error might be occurred. The error message Reads *App Name* could not be downloaded due to an error (963). as shown in the image below.
Three reasons for getting this error are:
- SD Card: If the app is downloaded to SD Card you may see Play store error 963 on your phone.
- Play Store Version: Updated Play Store version can also give you this error.
- App Cache: Play Store app cache may be the Culprit.
Let’s try the following methods, which method worked for you to fix this Error.
Method 1: Unmount SD Card:
You may try to unmount the SD card to modify the position of the apps. Unmounting SD Card on your Phone might just help you to get rid of Play store error 963, What we are going to Do is, Unmount SD Card, then Try to Update/Download the app and lastly Remount SD Card. You can follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > Storage > Unmount SD Card.
- Now try and download or update the app which was causing problems for you.
- Once you successfully Download the app without any error, Now its time to Remount SD Card by Navigating to Settings > Storage > Re-mount SD Card.
Method 2: Unmount SD Card:
Error 963, There are chances that the Recent Google play Store update is causing this Error, There are every chance that the Updated Version of Google play store may have Compatibility Issues. So in this case, you will need to Uninstall the updates of play store.So, uninstalling recent updates may resolve the Error 963 Google Play Store. To uninstall Play Store updates, you can follow the steps provided below:
- Go to Settings >> Application Manager >> All >> Google Play Store. or in Apps/Application section find Google Play Store. follow this steps:
- 1.Tap Force Stop 2.Tap Clear Data 3.Tap Uninstall Updates
- Just in rare case if none of the above works for you, and if you still get the error on your phone you can try Uninstall the App Completely or Even Uninstall Play Store and then Install it again by downloading from Trusted Sources.
Method 1:Clear All Caches and Data on Google Play
Error 963 Google Play Store ,The App Cache/data can cause this error too, So to Start with the solutions, let us first try and Clear the Cache of your Apps, Simply Perform Below Steps:
- Go to the Settings of your Android phone.
- in Apps/Application section find the Google Play Store.
- Clear Cache and Data for Play Store.
- Go back and scroll down and tap on Google Play Services.
- Clear Cache and Data for Google Play Services.
- Go to back and open Google Play app and try to install or update the app.